In the past few years, we saw great growth in online eCommerce stores, as shop owners were looking for a rent free solution that enables them to reach a larger audience. A simple solution to both was to create an online shop. However, in today's world moving online is not a choice it is a necessity.
There are roughly 7.8 billion people in the world since 2020, and more than a quarter of them are online shoppers. Making a large majority of the world an online shopper. Over the years we have seen a great spike in digital shoppers. Starting from 1.32 billion in 2014, and making it to 2.5 billion in 6 years. Technology has been pushing businesses to move online, as it offers customers the convenience to bring them what they need, no matter where they are.
Selling Using An Online Platform
There are many ways one can sell online. From setting up your own store to starting your own website. However, the best way to ensure you take on a safe step, its best to sell using an online platform, and here is why:
- Audience - Most leading platforms today have excellent reach, meaning you can save money on marketing your products, setting up a website, etc. Each platform brings you hundreds and thousands of buyers scrolling around to find the things they need.
- Restrictions - When building your own store or website you will run into numerous restrictions, things you may become familiar with the passage of time. However, for now, it's best to enjoy a quick and easy setup shop that is ready to start selling.
- Costs - Moving online is a smart choice, but how you invest your money online has a direct impact on your earnings. You have to spend money the right way to make money. So rather than putting money on a website that may never reach its full potential, you should consider paying a small fee to platforms. Once you have established your business name you can have loyal customers you can easily shift to your own website.
- Stand Out - Selling on a platform allows you to stand out and create your own identity. Even on a platform, you are a store that sells specific goods, take it as a stepping stone towards the next step. Make sure you take your name with you, and never miss a moment to market yourself for free.
These are some of the many reasons why you should sell your products on a platform rather than a website. That being said, one of the main reasons why you must sell on a platform is the reach they have to offer. For instance, if you sell vintage clothes and run a personal website.
When an individual types “vintage clothes for sale” Google shows 305,000,000 results. Meaning the chance you will make the top cut are slim to none. Whereas on an online platform you can easily make top rankings or at least get in on the first or second page depending on the product in question.
Now, imagine that you start showing up on the first or second page of a few platforms, you will be able to reach individuals around the world. Selling your products to everyone who is interested in what you are selling, no matter where in the world they live. They can access your products through online channels to place their order.
Advantages & Drawbacks Of Selling On Multiple Platforms
There are many pros and cons of selling on multiple platforms, but we will only cover the top three. Keeping your business alive in such a time is near to impossible, which is why business owners welcome all the help they can get. However, you never know the drawbacks of the help that is being offered. To help you get a clear view we have listed down all the pros and cons of selling on various platforms.
- Selling on a number of websites allows you to reach a larger audience, as each platform offers you a different demographic and interests. Keeping buyers options open when looking to purchase goods.
- You become a part of the progress funnel where people get more aware of your brand, which gets them interested, learning more allows them to make a decision, and finally you achieve a sale.
- When you are selling on a number of platforms you reduce your risk of failing. Based on the points listed above you will have more reach and influence on buyers.
- Managing inventory on every single platform can be a hassle, going from one to another can take up all of your time.
- With a number of shops on your mind, it's easy to forget or make time for products that have been sitting on your shelf for months now.
- Every platform offers an analysis of their own, as you have no way to combine them; you are often confused about the progress of your online business.
Why Choose HEFA?
- Price Smarter - Designed to help you sell pieces that have been sitting on the back shelf for months.
- Inventory Management - The platform takes care of all your inventory around all platforms with a single dashboard.
- Plans - The platform offers a tailored experience for individual sellers and entrepreneurs.
- Single Connection - Connect all your shops to a single interface and manage your listings at once.
- Boost Audience - Offering your goods to shoppers around the world.
- Performance Analyzer - Check on your products and progress using a simple and user-friendly panel.
- Ship Easy - Offers multi-platform printing labels that can instantly be printed.
Using a single platform to manage and view all your products is a huge benefit. One that allows you to save time and money while making sure you never forget about your stores. Additionally, it allows you to manage your inventory all around; making sure you have what you are offering. Once your products are organized under one umbrella you will know before you run out of stock.